25.7.11

Going Backwards


As I gave you all 2 posts already last week and as the weekend post is late, I though I would look back on how far I've come in photography thus far.
Also I don't think there will be any post during the week as I don't have any photo shoot plans till Friday (and that might have to be moved if I get this job at Waterstones.)

So 25th December 2010, I got my GE X5 Bridge Camera. It needed 4 AA batteries to work and weighed what felt like a ton. That is where my photography started though.



You can already tell I had an interest in Macro (but I couldn't get anything like lens for the bridge camera) I took photos of everything that interested me. (I still do!)



This was when I started to look at setting up photographs more (well not this the top one, that was random find in a park) As my GE camera claimed to have a manual mode (which it didn't) I tried to use that but it was no different from using the regular modes! I also started playing with photoshop on Photographs early on.



I tried playing with long exposures somewhat on my GE and it kind of worked but was very annoying. The photographs at this stage aren't something I'm proud of any more but I really was at the time.



So. The end of May came along and I bought my Nikon D3000. I was like a kid in a toy shop, shooting photos of everyone and everything. I had ordered my macro filter pretty much right away knowing that I would use it a lot.



This whole time I have had a major interest in flowers and I think I always will. They are things I always enjoy looking at



And then my Macro arrived! the best thing I have ever bought.



These are still some of my fave photos, even before I learnt to use my Manual mode for real. I like flowers and colours and the beach was something new for me. I did feel rather silly sitting on the beach with a camera and a bunch of objects when it was so bloody windy!



At this point I was back home and trying to set up photos again. I wanted to limit the amount of editing I did. Or at Least make it nicer rather than boom! In your face.



And then I did my shoot with Charlotte. That really boosted my confidence to go and try and find more people to do photo shoots with (I know have 3 lined up with different models and some more still being arranged) I know I over edited some of these photos but at the time I was over exposing them anyway!

Then I did my photography course. I feel now that I understand how my camera works better and I am much more confident in using it!





I hope you can all see where I started and what I'm able to do now. I'm going to invest in a new lens soon when I have the money for it.
Till next week! (most likely)

Fiona

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment