12.9.11

Mixed Up Ideas




So I've had a bit of a mad week. Was only meant to be working 26hours but ended up doing 31hours. I've had a 3 day break though and I'm back to work tomorrow. I also have a model to meet this week so expect some more photos later in the week! And I'm suppose to be helping a wedding photographer on Sunday but I need to get back in contact with her.


 So this post is full of two lots of photos. Some I took one night last week but didn't get round to doing anything with. Others I took today while we had a tiny bit of sunshine.







 This little doll I bought in Manchester last weekend. She was too cute not to get. Her body doesn't really move because her clothes are glued to her but her head turns. I adore her little curls and hat. I love how the detail shots came out above even in the dark. I don't often shoot in the dark but I want to start trying things where I can.



As I ended up outside I thought I would play with focus. Usually the foremost object is what I focus on so I decided to change it up a bit. I like to play with different idea's when I'm in the right mood.





I love how the colours on the one above came out. The silver and black stand out against the brown even though they are blurred. I think it's a really nice effect

Now some of you on Facebook may have heard me talking about my new film slr that my dad found and gave to me. It is a beautiful camera. So much so that I had to photograph it to show you. It's 30+ years old and you can tell on the bits connecting the strap. I will most likely get a new strap for it if I can get film for it and it works.







A very attractive camera and I already love the style of it. It is very hard to figure out how it works though. Its even goes down to F1.8 on the aperture ring. I'm still working out how to change the exposure but it seems to be in full working order. It even had its original case but it was pretty badly damaged and falling apart. My dad still has the external flash that goes with it and that even works too! I can't wait to get some film for it!

 I hope you all have a good week. I should be back with some more photos later in the week and beginning of next week assuming work doesn't mess me up again.

Fiona xx

No comments:

Post a Comment